LB Networks, a St. Louis based Software-as-a-Service company has an immediate full-time opening for a Java software developer as a Java Software Developer 2 to join our company. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or related field plus at least 2 years of progressively more responsible coding experience. The selected candidate will work closely with the software developers across the OcularIP Software Platform to guide in the software development lifecycle to meet product and customer goals. The successful candidate will be able to participate in both internal and customer technical discussions and product strategy discussions. The candidate will manage, provide and communicate clear vision to the software development team and for the SaaS platform, while simultaneously being knowledgeable with the details of key projects. Additionally, the candidate will collaborate with other functional groups and business units including Product Line Management (PLM), Sales & Marketing, and Systems Deployment & Operations to ensure success of the SaaS platform.
As a Software Developer 2, the selected candidate will also work on web applications, client applications, and web services. We are seeking candidates that have a strong Java programming experience, experience with PHP, strong database design and MySQL query experience, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to translate end-user requirements into software features.
- (Mandatory) 2-3+ years of experience in Java software development and Unix-based environment,
- (Mandatory) 2+ years of experience working with Python, PHP 5.5x and 7.x, and/or Unix based shell scripting
- (Mandatory) 2+ years of experience working with CodeIgniter or similar frameworks,
- (Desired) 2+ years of experience working with REST-based API’s,
- (Desired) 2+ years of HTML and CSS design experience
- (Mandatory) 2+ years of experience and expertise in Java programming language including threading and scalability,
- (Mandatory) 2+ years of experience migrating legacy applications to modern Java 8+ frameworks and tools
- (Mandatory) 2+ years of experience with MySQL (or similar) database development,
- (Mandatory) 2+ years of experience working with REST API’s and Webservices,
- (Mandatory) 2+ years of experience with JUNIT 4+ and Mock File Database frameworks
- (Mandatory) 2+ years of experience in understanding and implementing database interactions using JOOQ Framework or similar.
- (Mandatory) 2+ years of experience in understanding and using and maintaining modern CI build tools
- (Mandatory) 2+ years of experience developing applications designed to efficiently and quickly process and consume large volumes of data
- (Mandatory) 2+ years of strong Object Oriented programming experience,
- (Desired) 2+ years of experience using Apache Kafka for producing and consuming data to and from topics
- (Mandatory) Candidate must have 2+ years of experience contributing in all layers of technical design, development, testing, implementation, and support,
- (Mandatory) 2+ years of development efforts on UNIX-based platforms,
- (Mandatory) 2+ years of experience designing, developing, and supporting applications,
- (Desired) 2+ years of experience with Mercurial is a plus,
- (Desired) 2+ years of experience in Networking and Telecommunications industry/field would be a plus.